|Atabekyan Levon (Nikolay)|
|Armenian:||Աթաբեկյան Լևոն Նիկոլայի|
|Russian:||Атабекян Левон Николаевич |
|Born:|| 15.09.1857 |
Kusapat, Republic of Artsakh
|Died:|| 20.03.1918 |
Public figute, statesman, doctor, poet.
Was born on September 15, 1857 in the village of Kusapat, Martakert region, Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (now Republic of Artsakh).
- Studied social sciences in the Universities of Leipzig and Tubingen.
- Studied medicine in Berlin and Zurich.
- In 1903 engaged in social and political activities.
- In 1917 after the February Revolution, was a member of the Transcaucasian commissariat, then a member of the Transcaucasian Sejm.
- Was the vice president of the Armenian National Council of Baku branch.
- Supported the ARF party (Armenian Revolutionary Federation).
- In 1907, became one of the Socialists Revolutionaries (headed the organization of Armenian Socialists Revolutionaries).
- In 1909 he was imprisoned.
- In 1912 he was released.
- Atabekyan thought that the only way of the national liberation of the Armenians is the unification of Russia and the international revolutionary forces.
- The works written in Karabakh dialect depicted the plight of Armenians in Karabakh.
- Was killed in Baku during ethnic clashes while doing the envoy mission.
- Ով ով է.հայեր(կենսագրական հանրագիտարան),ՀՀ խմբ. հանձնաժողով`Հ.Մ. Այվազյան (գլխ. խմբագիր) և ուրիշներ,Երևան,Հայկական հանրագիտարան հրատ., Հ.1, Աբալյան-Ղուշչյան, 2005: